Week 1 Responses

Hi Jiawei,

I agree that the sudden situation of online learning is a great opportunity for us to grow as individuals through self discipline and to adapt to an unfamiliar system of teaching that took some time to get used to.

Hi Noah,

I cannot agree more about the initial struggles and learning curve that came with an unexpected online learning senario.  I too found that staying engaged through long lectures was difficult, often finding my mind wandering elsewhere missing out on important learning opportunities.  The idea of more regular breaks from your screen is an effective tip that would benefit any young scholar.

Hi Lambert,

I too agree that one large positive about online learning is just how convenient it can be, especially with asynchronous type courses.  Security of personal information is something I try to be vigilant about every day, but unfortunately I seem to always be losing some type of information.  Do you have any programs or settings you use to help with privacy when using the internet?

Week 2 Responses

Hi Raquel,

Amazing response! Sharing your own experiences of observing the lack of balance and diversity between connectivism and constructivism within your classroom is something that I too, completely agree with.  Highlighting how connectivism really embraces the variety and sheer amount of resources available to us because of the internet is important in showing the advances in teaching styles that are adapting to our vastly digitized society.

Hi Noah,

Great points!  I completely agree about the longevity and convenience that wiki’s have provided us for over 20 years.  Even though it may not always be the most credible, there is something to say for a resource accessed so much on a global scale.  After learning about the differences between connectivism and constructivism, which learning style do you personally prefer?

Hi Jiawei,

Great response! I too share the same feelings about the importance of OER’s for students and educators.  What OER’s do you find yourself using most frequently that would be useful for any student ?

Week 4 Responses

Hi Noah,

I cannot agree more about the fact that us as educators must be the ones to provide students with the appropriate ways to participate and learn in and out of the classroom.  The outdated framework of having one way to complete a given problem or task is something that must be addressed to help allow all students to succeed.  The list of goals provided by educators whom want to provide open education are extremely important, and essential if we want to create an environment by which every student can succeed in their own ways.

Hi Jiawei, 

I cannot agree more, we are in a time of transition where digitized education is becoming more and more common.  Your assessment of the barriers that open education has to overcome are essential for any educator trying to provide an equal learning environment.  Your passion to learn more about diversified and open education is something we can all benefit from.

Hi Raquel, 

Your response is very powerful and made me think critically what “open” really means.  The UDL guidelines are essential in our understanding of how to provide equal opportunity for all learners in and outside of the classroom.  The digital environment that frequents our learning spaces. Your goals and aspirations as an educator are truly inspiring.